Thursday, September 4, 2008

book: me talk pretty one day by david sedaris


just finished reading the book lent to me by junjun. it was a breather for me really. i find mr. sedaris' style witty and humorous. pure entertainment. what more can i say? i think i will start collecting his books too. just like what i did when i first read grisham and sheldon and paretsky and gardner.

i prefer reading novels than watching tv shows. imagination-wise, i can surpass the cinematographic background of a movie when i am reading a book. 

i tried to listen to an audiobook once but i can't seem to catch up for some reason. my listening skills is not that good really. reading from pages to pages allows me to feel and savour each word the author inked. i can go back to the previous chapters or page(s) with ease if i forgot something about a certain character. yeah you can do that too when watching a movie but then again its me right?  

my entertainment preference is simple. i hate complicated things. as much as possible i avoid analytical situations and things which drain my occasionally used brain. but if my job requires it then i have no option. back to reading. next in line would be the "The Alchemist". I can't believe i had missed all the good books out there. let me see if i can fit all these readings this coming weekend.

No comments: