Friday, September 12, 2008

book: the alchemist by paulo coelho


this is what everybody is talking about even before. and like cinema paradiso, i've just finished reading this book. i am a late bloomer when it comes to reading the good books out there or watching the best movies of all time. but what the heck.

the whole story tells about following your dreams (just like any other books). set in spain. going to a never-been-to land. a journey. to reach your dreams. your heart's desire. facing the dangers lurking from somewhere. and going back from where everything had started.

honestly this book is the reason why i have decided to quit my job. it really helped me realized that there is more out there for me than staying in my comfort zone. that i have to follow my own dream. that i have to leave some people behind (coz they have their own dreams, maybe) so that i will not have any regrets later on in my life. this is one of the major decisions i have made so far. its not as big as what you expect that will affect the economy or something but for me who's life revolves between my job, my self, my family and some important people it matters. 

sometimes in your life you really have to make a choice. you may suffer for some time or suffer forever. you may be happy for a day or be happy forever. i realized that many people out there (really) are willing to help me if i just let them be. i have created a monster in my head about some other people and i had my eyes fixed on that monster for so long that i haven't seen the other people who are ready to kill that monster on my head. who are more than willing to battle against it. to prove that i was wrong. that i had the wrong impression. sure there are some. then there are some who are not.

its really hard for me to put things in details as i may hurt some people. i'd rather be the one hurt. anyway the book is really an opener to me. if you can't buy a copy of this book you might try borrowing from one of your friend. he/she might have a copy of this.

No comments: